Every year in January, I do a sort of “annual review process” of myself.
I reflect on different areas of my life: my relationship with my wife, my kids, work, hobbies, fitness, etc. Every single year, no matter how great of a year it was—I find that I was deficient in SOME area. I discover that I have focused more of my attention in some areas than others, and because of that, I am somewhat off balance. And that’s OK! I don’t beat myself up about it. I just decide what steps I need to take to become better in those deficient areas.
So, I was trying to think of the most common area that causes my clients problems every single year, and I realized that it is always, always, always the past. In 2014, I saw hundreds— maybe even thousands— of doctors and their teams that had allowed the past to hold them back— and I can guarantee that it negatively affected every area of their lives.
But today is the perfect day to change all of that.
It’s time to leave the past behind us, and move forward— bringing only what we want into the New Year. It is a choice that we get to make at the beginning of every year— what we want to DO, how we want to GROW, who we want to BECOME. If we don’t make an intentional decision, the year just slips by… EXACTLY the same as every previous year.
Today, make the decision to be intentional.
If you are able to leave behind these 14 damaging habits, I guarantee you’ll have the most successful year you’ve ever had… both personally and professionally.
1. Telling your ideas to others and waiting for affirmation.
2. Comparing yourself to everyone else.
3. Worrying about what others think of you.
4. Putting important decisions on hold.
5. Doubting yourself.
6. Letting past failures hold you back.
7. Feeling sorry for yourself.
8. Standing in your own way.
9. Judging people who are more successful than you.
10. Working reactively instead of proactively.
11. Not bothering to create a vision.
12. Saying “yes” to everything.
13. Thinking everything is a competition.
14. Avoiding necessary confrontations.
I know it is easier said that done. I know that changing yourself is a step-by-step process… Not a one day makeover. But if you know you want to make the effort to change… Why not today?
If you’re ready to try something different in 2015, call 866-917-2808 to schedule an On-Site Training or to talk to one of our team members about creating a 2015 Action Plan!
Until next time,