I’ll be honest. It is SO easy to lose focus on the “basics” when you think you’ve already mastered them. I’ve seen it so many times. Maybe you “fix” your phone problems, train your team once, and you think that they are set for life. Or perhaps you assume that they’ll be able to maintain what they’ve learned and never forget the training we gave them…
I hate to break it to you, but that just isn’t the case.
It never has been true, and it never will be true. Everyone needs ongoing training and everyone performs better with accountability.
REMEMBER: Getting your team trained to effectively answer the phones is the quickest, simplest, and cheapest way to fill a flat-lined practice with new patients!
So consider today a quick recap in your on-going education. Here are 5 quick tips that will ensure your team is actually BOOKING new patients! Read these with your team at lunch to help refocus everyone on the foundation of your practice… the telephones!
- Always keep a positive tone. Speak with a smile, trust me… the person on the other end of the phone can hear a difference!
- Avoid verbal vomit. There’s nothing worse than inundating a potential new patient, or an existing patient, with details and information that they don’t need. It’s a major turn off for a patient!
- Use the 3-part greeting. Your practice name + your name + “how may I help you?” = the perfect greeting. More than that just becomes a cluttered mouthful, less than that sounds unprofessional.
- Utilize the Role Play Hotline when you need to practice your telephone skills. Our experts are standing by to help you learn, practice, and fine-tune your phone skills.
- Always maintain your Scheduling Institute certification. Even the nicest, fastest, and greatest cars in the world require oil changes and maintenance. Your telephone skills are no different. Stay current with your certification to make sure that you are ALWAYS providing the best possible care and service to your patients.
Until next time,
P.S. — I can have a Certified Telephone Training Specialist in your office teaching my world-renowned telephone training in no time. If you’re serious about growing your practice, you should be training your team on the phones every single year… Call my team to find out why: 844-242-1992.